Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Have a seat and a bowl of soup

S: I went into Crate & Barrel the other day to pick up some soup bowls, my first non-gift purchase from that store. It's not that I don't like what they have to offer, and I certainly appreciate how wonderfully organized the store is. It's just that I know I can almost certainly find similar items elsewhere, for less. But back to what brought me to the store...the soup bowls. Oven-to-table soup bowls to be exact. Surprisingly, Crate & Barrel wins out on this one, offering them for less than Target or even Walmart.

While there, I saw this chair:

Image: Crate & Barrel


I got this one for free when my grandma moved:

Crate and Barrel loses this round.

So even though the soup bowls were a great deal, I don't foresee many more trips to this store, unless I find $1,099 underneath the chair cushion.

1 comment: