Monday, December 14, 2009

Deck the Halls



This is a Christmas card we received a few years ago from our very creative friend Kate. We used a holiday pick as a stand to display it.



We made these decorations our first Christmas together. We took styrofoam balls and covered them in gold and red ribbon. The trick is to slightly overlap the ribbon each time you go around the ball, so that you don't see the styrofoam. We glued down the ends and used decorative pins to secure them.  I placed the ornaments and some jingle bell garland in a glass apothecary jar.



vintage christmas cards on top of an old window...




This oversized silverware used to hang in my grandmother's kitchen. She kept fake rubber grapes in the ladle, and I would always squish them when I visited. I usually keep it empty the rest of the year, but it's a perfect place for Christmas ornaments.






..and a little teacup to hold a Christmas tree for the kitchen

4 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas tree in the teacup...

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ladle and the teacup! Adorable!

    And that Christmas card rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your vintage Christmas! There's nothing like an old fashioned Christmas for me.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete