Thursday, December 3, 2009

Gift Card Holder

Inevitably, someone on my christmas list ends up getting a gift card. Gift cards are great, especially for those hard-to-shop-for family and friends, but aren't very personal. A handmade gift card holder, in place of a plain envelope, is a great way to make the gift a little more thoughtful.



It only took a few minutes to make this gift card holder, using felt and ric rac leftover from another project. I cut the felt to size around the gift card, added ric rac at the top, then sewed around three sides to create a little pocket. I used a small hole punch to make holes near the top, then tied it closed with red ribbon. It makes me think of gingerbread...

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, clever. I suppose the ribbon keeps the gift from falling out?

    ReplyDelete