Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Button Monogram Pillow

I hosted another women's craft day at my house this past weekend, and was able to finish a throw pillow I've been working on for our guest bedroom. The case is made from a bronze colored silk with an invisible zipper so that the pillow form can be removed. This was my second time to install an invisible zipper. The concept is simple: use a zipper foot, sew a straight line, and don't sew over the zipper teeth. Even so, I still find it a little intimidating, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.


I also added a white pom-pom fringe, with the help of this tutorial. A while back I ordered some white vintage buttons on Ebay, which I used to make the letter "K" on the front.



4 comments:

  1. So cute! I feel like that's all I ever say when I comment on your stuff, but it's the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Sarah! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Sarah! Well done :) Mrs. M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, as usual my dear. LOVE the button monogram, will have to pinch that idea from you!!

    ReplyDelete