Monday, August 2, 2010

July Book Club

It's no secret I love books, but it's probably a lesser known fact that I am actually a member of a women's book club. I joined in April and overall it's been a positive experience. It's given me the opportunity to meet new people and to read books that I otherwise would have never considered. I hosted book club at my house this past week. Here's a photo of us with July's book, The Host.


Yes, this book was written by the same author who wrote the Twilight series. And yes it's also science fiction. But unlike its teen counterpart, it was written for adults and the general consensus was that it was a good novel. Up next month: Firefly Lane. I'm already about half way through this one and am enjoying it so far.

Speaking of Twilight, what do you get when you combine Twilight and Mystery Science Theater?

2 comments:

  1. I miss being in a book club! Sigh. I really enjoyed The Host!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss pleasure reading! One day when I grow up...

    ReplyDelete