Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year Bunting


Last night I made a quick and easy bunting for our New Year's party on Friday. I didn't have a lot of time to spend on this project, so I opted for fabric glue and pinking shears, rather than using a sewing machine. I made a very basic pattern for the triangles and numbers, which you can download here.

Materials
fabric scraps
pinking shears
fabric glue
paint
glitter (optional)
ribbon
Trace four triangles onto your choice of fabric, then cut out with pinking shears. (I used scraps of burlap, muslin, and silk.) Then, trace the numbers onto the fabric and fill in with paint. I used acrylic paint then sprinkled it with a little glitter glamour dust before it dried.


Next, attach each triangle to the back of a ribbon using fabric glue. Let dry for about 30 minutes and it's ready to hang!


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment