Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Two Night Stands

I like the look of open nightstands but wanted something with drawers to maximize the storage space in our bedroom (ie I wanted more room to store my clothes). I was looking for something with at least two drawers, and found the perfect chest-of-drawers set at a local antique shop. They were already painted in a distressed white finish, which matches our headboard.



They look a little boxy in the photos but actually have a serpentine front.


I love the shape, but am not so in love with the hardware. Some well-intentioned individual thought the hardware would look better spray painted gold, but really it just looks cheap. I'm thinking about soaking the hardware in paint stripper to see if it will remove the paint. If not I may resort to spray painting them oil rubbed bronze or replacing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment