Thursday, December 22, 2011

Laptop Sleeve

I made a sleeve for my laptop using this tutorial from Sew, Mama, Sew! Zach suggested adding a pocket to the front to hold the laptop charger. This seemed like a good idea but was more difficult than I expected. My first attempt was a complete failure; the sleeve was too snug and the pocket design just wasn't working. I ended up having to take apart the entire thing and start over, letting out the seams by 1/4" so that the laptop would fit more easily. With a lot of help from Amanda and Jenn, I finally came up with a pocket design that worked. I gathered the bottom of the pocket and sewed elastic onto the top edge. This added more volume to the pocket and allowed it to stretch open so the charger could be put inside. I added a button and loop to close the top and keep the charger from slipping out.




4 comments: