Friday, March 30, 2012

Homemade Deodorant

I try to avoid antiperspirants, but still need a bit of deodorizing, especially during the Texas summer. I made some natural deodorant using this recipe from Bonzai Aphrodite.



Ingredients
1/3 cup Corn Starch
1/3 cup Baking Soda
10 drops of Antibacterial Essential Oil (I used lavender)
10 drops of Antifungal Essential Oil (I used eucalyptus)
2 tablespoons Vitamin E Oil
3 tablespoons Coconut Oil

Directions
Mix everything up in a bowl until it forms a thick paste. Transfer to your storage container and then allow 24 hours to ‘set up’.
I need to experiment with the amount of ingredients a little. Even after setting for 24 hours, it was still a little runnier than I would like. I've been storing it in the refrigerator to keep it solid.

2 comments:

  1. Love homemade deodorant. Been using Angry Chicken's version for about 4 years now! I like the sound of this recipe, I might give it a go next time I make a batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try this. Thanks for sharing the recipe (and I love the jar you used!).
    PS Congrats on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete