Monday, May 14, 2012

Felted Soap

Felted soap is easy and affordable to make, and makes your bar soap last longer. It's like having a washcloth and soap in one! Wool also has the added benefits of being hypoallergenic and naturally antimicrobial.

There are a ton of tutorials out there on how to make felted soap. Basically, you take a bar of soap, wrap it tightly in wool roving, dunk it in hot water and start rubbing. To begin with, you can place it inside a piece of panty hose and tie off the ends, which helps hold the wool around the soap as you felt it. The whole process takes about 25 minutes. I used lavender scented bar soap, but you could use any type of soap. I did find it a little difficult to get good coverage on the corners. After I felted my bar for a few minutes, I added more wool to the corners and continued felting.



No comments:

Post a Comment